Wednesday, March 30, 2011

In Which I Might Be Compared to Yes, or Genesis, or Perhaps Rush

Not online, of course, but I've managed to get my hands on a new (and mostly positive) review of Napier's Bones which ran in the new issue of Quill & Quire. Here are a couple choice quotes:

"...the book's true pleasure lies in how committed it is to its premise, continually unfolding new permutations..."

"...Napier's Bones is a consistently compelling and inventive read. Think of it as literary prog-rock, stretching the bounds of what is possible..."

He also thinks I do too much exposition, just like many a hard SF author, which is interesting, considering another review equated the book to both urban fantasy and hard SF.

Labels: , , ,


Comments:
Derryl, I'd like to read Napier's Bones, but I do most of my reading on Nook. Do you know if/when it will be released on Nook?

I saw several copies "in the wild" at the local B&N this weekend. They were prominently displayed on the "New In SF&F" shelf.
 
Thanks for the update, Adrianne. There are e-versions of the book available in pretty much all platforms, as far as I know. I'm going to point my publisher to this so he can come and answer for sure, being the guy with the technical knowledge about what has ended up where.
 
Hi Adrianne,

I've heard from Brett, my excellent publisher, and this is what he says:

We've signed a deal with B&N for the Nook, but it's going to take a bit for the titles to get uploaded, etc. In the meantime, PDF, EPUB, and MOBI versions can be downloaded from the various sites mentioned on the book's page at the CZP site:

http://chizine.com/chizinepub/books/napiers_bones.php

E-Junkie's probably the best bet (the first on the list there), since you get all three versions for the price of one.
 
Thanks for chasing that down. I'll go download.

Adrianne
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]